Saturday, January 14, 2012

Among Others 1

Among Others 1

Because earlier versions of this template are called the DuBois sub-series, I was going to title this image DuBois 12. I added text to this image and the latin "et al.", which means "and others." The texts are my own quotes I made on my account with Twitter. This is something I want to continue doing in my creations of art. I would use other peoples' quotes, but I'm not interested in plagiarizing. I know I can cite an author in APA format, but I want to use as much of my own creative process as I can in the creation of artwork. The top quote is a remark in the negative, and the quote on the right is more of a positive statement of what an individual can do with hers and his fellow brothers and sisters of the world in an effort to change things for the better. As visual compositions have balances, so do remarks, statements, and philosophies. DuBois, by the way, was a civil rights activist who fought against the Jim Crow laws of his time, and fought against racism and imperialism in general in America during the 1900s. 

eVan––January 13th, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment