Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Cubicle Block of Writers


I started creating this image from a small selection from Wrecked Tangle W1. The selection I chose was obviously where the letter R is placed. I rotated this selection on a new picture plane, and put them all together in the order that you see here. I decided that putting a selection of the W from Wrecked Tangle W1 would give this picture a homeostatic, yet asymmetrical, balance. This version you see here is the seventh variation on this current theme. While thinking of the title, I saw three things. I saw the W, the R, and all the blocks. I made a connection with the association of "writer's block." I thought of all the cubicles in corporate office buildings, and how these kinds of situations contribute to writer's block as well. A cartesian plane of cubicles can be likened unto a street block simultaneously. Therefore, I titled this sub-series: The Cubicle Block of Writers.

eVan--December 15th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment