Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Conjunction of Metro-Planes

Here is an example of some of my inspirations concerning three dimensional manipulations of planes and landscapes. It stems from different artists in history who have worked in similar concepts. I'm primarily interested in impossible futuristic conceptions of city-scapes, biologies, computers and expressing how technologies could operate in this vein of inspiration. There are many more variations on this theme, of course, which I have recorded in my sketchbook for furthering this line of thought.

Some galleries have branded my art as too cerebral for the mass public to digest. If this is the case, then so be it. While I do enjoy feedback from others and listening to other peoples' thoughts and ideas, I don't want to make mindless art without some kind of purpose. Even the pop artists of the 20th century had a purpose behind making art work that had no depth in the extreme.

eVan-- December 10th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment